CryptoPrevent is a tiny utility to lock down any Windows OS to prevent infection by the Cryptolocker malware or ‘ransomware’, which encrypts personal files and then offers decryption for a paid ransom. CryptoPrevent artificially implants group policy objects into the registry in order to block certain executables in certain locations from running. Note that because the group policy objects are artificially created, they will not display in the Group Policy Editor on a Professional version of Windows — but rest assured they are still there!
- New Features in v8 (Premium Edition Only)
New: HoneyPot Ransomware Protection – Very effective in preventing new and unknown ransomware from encrypting your files! When malicious activity is detected ALL non-essential programs are terminated, stopping malicious software dead in its tracks.
- New: KillEmAll v5 Integrations – Based on the new code platform of the coming 3rd generation ‘d7x’ PC technician utilities, KillEmAll v5 allows for fast termination of non-essential programs including malware and ransomware, and is integrated into the new Tray Icon along with other useful features!
- New: Tray Icon Features and Notifications – Easily change/view CryptoPrevent settings or activate the KillEmAll v5 integration. Notifications are displayed when the original SRP, Program Filtering, Folder Watch, or HoneyPot protections have been triggered.
- New/Improved: Customization Abilities – Customize CryptoPrevent with powerful blacklisting/whitelisting support and in new ways including the new Folder Watch protections (which cannot be customized in the Free Edition.)
- New/Improved: Command Line Parameters – Customize various settings with updated and robust command line parameters. A large number of new parameters have been introduced in v8. Synchronize deployments and changes with ease or update systems with batch files.
Download ( 12.5 MB ) :